Monday, March 2, 2009

Shredding to Not Look Like a Pity Lay

I have a hot triathlete of a husband. I used to think that people might think that I was the catch, but since he has started seriously working out and built himself a huge chest and big set of guns, I have come to the harsh realization that he is the catch.

So I have sincerely been meaning to do something about my sparish tire, back fat and lumpy bottom for a while. I have played with a gym membership, several rounds with Weight Watchers and several classes of Zumba. Hopefully this latest escapade will stick to more than my ribs. Some fine ladies from Twitter, particularly Kristen from MotherhoodUncensored started a group called Shredheads. We are challenged with doing one of Jillian Michael's 25 minute Shred exercise routines a day, for 30 days. It is claimed that one can lose as much as 20 pounds in a 30 day period. 20 pounds?!

Kristen suggested that we share the following as part of our exploration for our smaller asses.

Before pictures Um. Not so much. Note sparish tire, back fat and lumpy bottom reference above.
Handle - SpareTireSister
Tag Line - Aiming for big head, little body syndrome.
Weight - half way to a monkey's... oh, alright - 163
Goal - to not look like a pity lay - about 20 pounds from now. Oh, and also to have Michelle Obama's arms.
Diet Plan - Listen to Jillian harangue me for approximately 25 minutes a day. Peer pressure myself through the #Shredheads group to keep it up.
Personal Rules - Try to eat in moderation and avoid the salty, sweet things I love. Do NOT buy another bag of Hershey's Kisses for my desk. Eat the fruit rather than letting it molder on my desk.
Shred Plan - Start at the bottom; Work my way up. May not make it past level 2 since that is where the free stuff ends.

Today was the first day - level 1, 5 pounds. It was surprisingly not so bad. The worst part was my kids underfoot, working out with me. Luckily, they recognized it was hard and were huffing harder than me. My six year old son asked me if it would make him lose weight. Of course, I told him that he didn't need to lose weight and he exclaimed, "Yes, I do, because of this!", throwing open his robe and shoving out his hard-boiled egg belly. He has a surprisingly muscular back and then he turns around and, whoa! There is his belly. He is not fat, but his belly is impressive. Hopefully, both of them will lose interest as this progresses.

I am slightly sore and I will completely admit that the push-ups and some of the arm raises were killer. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. As of now, I am comfortably snuggled up and actually feel a sense of accomplishment today.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work! hey, your profile says you are in Michigan- I'm in Dexter (outside of Ann Arbor) where abouts are you?
    I have one of those obnoxious fit hubbys as well- quite annoying!!!

    ReplyDelete