Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pity Lay Shredding - Starting Over with Level 2

I suck. Level 2 has thus far been a rocky road and it isn't just because of the plank position. I was moving along swimmingly. Well, as best as could be expected when starting such an endeavor. Level 2 kicked my butt. I dreaded starting each day. I would often finish feeling slightly dizzy, sitting on the floor, folded in half and panting. But, I was still doing it, and felt stronger, which felt great.

Then, I went away for the weekend. I dutifully brought along my weights, yoga mat and DVD, only to find out later that the DVD sleeve was empty. Wasted weekend. So, I figured, I would tack a few days on to the end of the 10 day cycle. I continued on. I was finally getting the hang of the dreaded squat-thrusts and was no longer sticking my butt up in the air during plank-jacks. Then, 4 days later, I came down with what seems to be a most resilient cold. It didn't matter that I have tried 3 over-the-counter cold medications. None of them have taken away the constant nose blowing and general malaise. Since I was dizzy just with the toll that level 2 placed on my body and was now dizzy whenever I got up off the couch, I deigned to not partake in level 2 for a few days. I am still sick, but am bound and determined that tomorrow will be the day. I am shredding, snot box or no.

I fear since I have not had continuous exposure to level 2 that re-engaging in this activity will be tough. It might very well be. I don't think that cumulative days really count. I feel like I need consistency also. So, I am starting over with level 2. I will be behind my shredding counterparts by a cycle, but feel I need to restart in order to reap the full benefits. I haven't seen the results of our fearless Shredding leader, Kristen, but I do have more energy. I run up the stairs and actually seem to need less sleep. So, I am keeping it up. I am determined to look as good as my husband this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment